Lauren / 29 / I like writing 🏳️🌈🍿
I try so hard to find the good in things that I’ll rarely rate a movie 1 star.
🌔Full length reviews HERE🌔
1) Okay, now I’m officially excited for phase four.
2) There’s no other way to start this review for me than to mention the outstanding stunts and action sequences. The fight choreography is simply stunning, bringing John Wick to mind… except with a balletic grace that makes it easily the best I’ve seen so far this year. From the bus in the beginning to the original yet familiar fight on the side of a building, this film…
🌙Full length reviews HERE🌙
1) Madam Medusa was definitely best pals with Cruella de Vil. Try and convince me otherwise.
2) Realistically, The Rescuers is less well-remembered than One Hundred and One Dalmatians, but I would argue that that’s simply because there was relatively little progression in Disney’s animation between 1961 and 1977. That doesn’t mean that it’s any less visually charming however; the hand drawings in this film are stylish and somewhat detailed, especially for a movie made in the seventies. …
❄️Full length reviews HERE❄️
1) Nomadland is the most special film I’ve seen for a long time. I don’t recall the last time I felt grateful that a film existed, but that’s how I feel right now.
2) Frances McDormand’s soul lives in her eyes all the way through this performance. Before this, she was already one of my favourite actresses, and now she has solidified her place in that category. Also, I now love Swankie and Linda with my whole…
🍃Full length reviews HERE🍃
1) Ugh. Kill me. I was fully prepared for this to just be Oscar bait. I did not expect it to feel like a punch in the chest 😭
2) This film is shot so cleanly and with such clarity, which is in complete juxtaposition with the lead character’s state of mind. It has such a simplistic feel to its framing, and it feels so necessary because the story is so stressful to witness. So hard…