I'm the 99 people in the room who don't believe in you.
My review is just gonna be the text I sent my friend who told me this was the worst movie he has ever seen:
"You know, the most disappointing part about "mother!" was that I genuinely enjoyed the first hour and 45 minutes as a weird thriller. Then the ending just devolved into meaningless gore porn and a half-baked metaphor about the planet that was clearly made for shock value. Oh well lol"
So yeah, worst Aronofsky movie I've seen. Really wish he stuck the landing.
157/1,235 "movies to watch before I die"!
The rumors are true. This movie is watchable.
- New aspect ratio and color-grading
- New Junkie XL score
- Better character introductions that actually make sense (Cyborg, The Flash, and Aquaman all get new intros)
- Proper sequencing of the story
- Steppenwolf finally has a motivation for what he is doing
- It's still Justice League (2017), just with a shiny coat of paint
- The dialogue is still bad and/or overly contains exposition…