At the Super Champion Film Zone film forum, we held a poll to discover our community's favourite Japanese films ever made. Participants submitted ballots of up to 100 films each, and those ballots combined to produce the top 100 (well, top 103 because of ties) list below.
We're now holding polls for other countries. Feel free to join us!
1. Sansho The Bailiff (Kenji Mizoguchi, 1954)
2. Ugetsu (Kenji Mizoguchi, 1953)
3. Woman of the Dunes (Hiroshi Teshigahara, 1964)
4. Tokyo Story (Yasujiro Ozu, 1953)
5. Ornamental Hairpin (Hiroshi Shimizu, 1941)
6. Throne of Blood (Akira Kurosawa, 1957)
7. Harakiri (Masaki Kobayashi, 1962)
8. Seven Samurai (Akira Kurosawa, 1954)
9. An Autumn Afternoon (Yasujiro Ozu, 1962)
10. Humanity and Paper Balloons (Sadao Yamanaka, 1937)
And our previous poll results are here: