To watch this movie you must:
1. Endure an overlong exposition dump via comic strips at the beginning.
2. Expose your eyeballs to disgustingly grim and ugly cinematography.
3. Witness truly awful CGI (which most of the time was unnecessary and didn’t even have to be included).
4. Sit through more comic-strip exposition dumps, in the middle of scenes.
5. Listen to awful music. Truly awful music.
Wow, what a mess of a film. And I genuinely can’t imagine a worse way to deliver exposition than the way this film does it. In what world is interrupting the flow of the story with boring and uninteresting comic strips even remotely a good idea.
However, even though there’s not really anything in this film that works, I’ll admit, despite its ugliness, it was hard to take my eyes off of it.