I’ve been fascinated by this story for a long time so naturally this was… fascinating! Herzog did a really good job at keeping it curious and enthusiastic. It could have easy been a tragic tale of woe but instead it felt educationally empowered!
I actually have so many questions.
How did time work in this movie? How do two small children grow up to be a 27 year old female and a 37 year old male? How do people have sex in the afternoon, fall asleep, and then wake up in the daytime? How do you host a dinner party to announce an engagement, but forget, and announce it in an airport days later? How do you make a screenplay in 2018 for a film that clearly belongs in 2003?? HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY EMMA ROBERTS TO STAR IN THIS?
- Octopus hung out to dry in the hot Greek sun
- Lina's skirt collection
- Asking for the shampoo aisle when shampoo aisle is in shot
- Every awkward dancing scene
- Every descriptive song choice to accompany protagonists dilemma
- Handing mail to the delivery man like you can ever just do that
- The recurring meme of the forehead sticker